Williamson is one of the towns in Wayne County that was made when splitting land from Sodus in 1802. The town takes its name from Capt. Charles Williamson, the first land agent for the Pultney Estates. They set up their first Post Office on September 21, 1825 at Rogers Cross Roads.
Later on Williamson would get established as zip code 14589 on April 2, 1832. That office ran under the care of Postmaster Charles G. Richards.
Not sure when this one was built, but was it definitely long after. This is one of the newer, more mundane and grey designs. In fact, it’s so plain, there isn’t even writing on the building!